Parking Services performs the following functions:
- Sale of parking permits
- Enforcement of parking regulations
- Vehicle abatement
- Renovation and maintenance of parking facilities
- Installation and maintenance of parking dispensers and meters
- Traffic control for special events and unusual occurrences
- Establishment and collection of fees for parking on campus
Beginning Jan. 19, parking lot 97, located south of the Alumni & Visitors Center (AVC), will be closed to general permit parking. The lot will be re-designated for visitor parking, daily permit parking and AVC special event parking.
This change is being made because of the need for available parking for visitors from off campus who attend frequent special events at the AVC. It is also consistent with the original funding source and intended purpose of the AVC parking lot.
To provide additional general parking spaces, an existing lot will be re-opened. This parking lot, No. 903, is located near the southwest corner of General Jim Moore Boulevard and Divarty Street, north of Freeman Stadium.
The spaces available in this lot will offset the re-designated spaces in the AVC lot and will also compensate for the street parking spaces adjacent to the AVC that were earlier re-designated as visitor spaces.